Over the past six years, Midwest Sports Productions has developed a scholarship fund in memory of Josh Williams. This fund has awarded over $60,000 in scholarships over the past five years to deserving high school seniors to help further their education.
The application process is open to any 2018 high school graduate who has participated in any MSP baseball or fastpitch events.
Our goal is to find recipients that display many of the great qualities that Josh Williams displayed in his every day life. To learn more about Josh and his influence CLICK HERE.
To provide scholarships to deserving high school seniors that have participated in Midwest Sports Productions fastpitch/baseball events and are intending to pursue post-high school courses of study either at a college/university or other post-secondary educational institution.
1. Applicant must be a Kansas or Missouri resident.
2. Applicant must be a graduating high school senior in the year of the award.
3. Applicant must demonstrate "MSP Love" in the complete sense of the phrase.
4. Must have played in Midwest Sports Productions tournaments before/currently.
A minimum of $10,000 will collectively be awarded to deserving 2018 graduating seniors this year. Each recipient will be awarded $1,000. Award winners will be selected by the Midwest Sports Productions Selection Committee, and overseen by the Josh Williams Memorial Scholarship Fund committee.
Applicant must submit the following items:
1. Completed application form (please type)
2. Letter of application addressed to Midwest Sports Productions Scholarship Committee. (The letter should contain a brief explanation of career goals and biographical information.)
3. One letter of recommendation from applicant's choice of high school teacher, administrator, counselor or employer with significant knowledge of applicant's experience and involvement.
4. Most recent high school transcript with cumulative GPA and a class standing/rank.
5. Applicant Questionnaire in typed form. Please answer the questions as thoroughly as possible.
Nate Reeder was one of our 2015 Josh Williams Memorial Scholarship recipients. We followed up with Nate to see where he is now, and how he continues to spread the "MSP Love".
"To be one of the recipients of the Josh Williams Memorial Scholarship was truly humbling. I am currently attending the University of Evansville, in Indiana, living out my dream of playing Division I baseball, while majoring in Actuarial Science. What influenced me the most about the Josh Williams Memorial Scholarship was it personally being presented by Mr. and Mrs. Williams, Josh's parents. To meet them personally was a true honor and inspiring. Hearing the stories from his family and friends helped me to better understand who he was and what a difference one person can make. My hope is that I can, on and off the field, exhibit the attributes they all talked about to contribute to his legacy.
I have always believed in the importance of giving back and spreading the “MSP Love”. I have been blessed to have a number of opportunities to do just that. Our Evansville baseball team recently worked with the Challenger league. The league is designed to give those kids with physical or mental disabilities the opportunity to play baseball with their “buddies”. We also work the Boys and Girls Club. Having the opportunity to work with youth is so important to me, personally. As I move forward in life, my hope is to honor Josh’s legacy. The qualities Josh possessed are truly admirable and I will strive to have the impact on others as he did, as a tribute to him, his family, his friends and his colleagues."
- Nate Reeder
2015 Josh Williams Memorial Scholarship Recipient